What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a type of treatment you may need when health problems make it hard to move around and do everyday tasks. It helps you move better and may relieve pain. It also helps improve or restore your physical function and your fitness level.
The goal of physical therapy is to make daily tasks and activities easier. For example, it may help with walking, going up stairs, or getting in and out of bed.
Physical therapy can help with recovery after some surgeries. Your doctor may suggest physical therapy for injuries or long-term health problems such as arthritis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Physical therapy may be used alone or with other treatments.
• Integrating Developmental Milestones and Reflexes
• Sensorimotor Development Mobility and Stability
• Self Care Development and Independence
• Sensory Processing Assessments and Interventions
• Social Participation Assessments and Interventions
• Autism Spectrum Assessments and Interventions
• Sensory Equipment Assessment and Considerations to improve Self Regulation
• Seating and Positioning Evaluations to address functional performance
• Assistive Technology Devices and Systems Assessment
• Education and Training
Adult and Geriatric Care
• Client Centered Rehabilitation to promote the highest level independence and safety
• Patient and Family/Caregiver Education to improve safety, efficiency, and quality of care
• Musculoskeletal System Disorders
• Neurological System Disorders
• Cardiovascular and Pulmonary System Disorders
• Disorders of Movement and Neuromuscular Diseases
• Psychiatric and Cognitive Disorders
• Post surgical rehabilitation
• Advanced Physical Agent Modalities to enhance healing and reduce recovery time
• Pain Assessments for Acute and Chronic
• Management and intervention
• Adaptive Equipment Assessment and Considerations to improve safety and quality of life
• Environmental Evaluation and Considerations to increase safety and make life easier
• Personalized care promoting strength, activity tolerance, mobility, and functional performance
• Fall Prevention Education and Management
• Mobility Aids Education and Training for successful community reintegration
• Low Vision Evaluation and Intervention